Breakfast Sausage – Homemade. Home-made sausage flavored with sage, marjoram, brown sugar, a bit of red pepper and a dash of Makes a delicious, homemade breakfast sausage using ground pork and an assortment of spices. Learn how to make Breakfast Sausage Patties! I hope you enjoy this Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe!
Making a homemade breakfast sausage recipe isn't as hard as you think. And yes, homemade is always better than store-bought, but it can seem intimidating to make your own breakfast sausage. This homemade breakfast sausage recipe is going to up your breakfast game. You can have Breakfast Sausage – Homemade using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Breakfast Sausage – Homemade
- It’s 10 lb of boneless pork butt or shoulder roast.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of ground or rubbed sage.
- You need 3 tbsp of sea salt or canning salt.
- You need 1 tsp of savory.
- It’s 1 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red pepper or more to your taste. we used 2 tsp..
- It’s 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 2 tsp of marjoram.
Breakfast sausage is one of those things that's difficult to find fresh–processed, pre-cooked, frozen, with. Nothing beats the quality and flavor of homemade breakfast sausages. Bursting with flavor, these will give your morning taste buds a real treat! This Homemade Breakfast Sausage Recipe came about because I didn't like what I saw listed as the ingredients in the store-bought stuff.
Breakfast Sausage – Homemade instructions
- Set up meat grinder with course blade..
- Slice pork into 1 inch strips..
- Combine spices and mix half into pork strips..
- Grind seasoned pork into large bowl sprinkling remaining spice over ground pork..
- When all pork is ground and remaining spice added, place in refrigerator to chill..
- Replace course blade in grinder with fine blade..
- Regrind seasoned pork..
- Separate pork into packages and freeze or form into patties or links..
- Fry sausage over medium heat until browned on each side and cooked through. Or crumble and brown for you favorite casserole recipe..
See, it turns out that pork sausage from the grocery store isn't. If you love breakfast sausage, try this homemade recipe. Super tasty and surprisingly easy… just a bunch of seasonings mixed together with ground pork! Make your own homemade breakfast sausage patties using good quality pork combined with fresh herbs and savory seasonings. Homemade breakfast sausage patties are easy to make, freeze well, and are better than anything store-bought.