‘Spanish’ Omelette. This Spanish omelette recipe is easy and delicious. Find more dinner inspiration at BBC Good Tip everything into the pan and cook on a moderate heat, using a spatula to shape the omelette into a. Mastering a classic Spanish dish just got easier.
According to my children, the Spanish Omelette is "The Best Omelette in The World". Made with egg, potato, onion and olive oil, enjoy hot or cold at any time of the day. For a tip, if your pan is a little bit big you could consider sliding the omelette off of the pan instead of trying to flip in onto the plate. You can cook ‘Spanish’ Omelette using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ‘Spanish’ Omelette
- It’s 500 g of potatoes roughly cut to 1cm slices.
- It’s 2 of onions finely sliced.
- You need of I red pepper finely sliced.
- You need 100 g of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 8-10 of eggs.
- Prepare of Parsley handful finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of Olive oil.
Spanish omelette – known in Spain as tortilla de patatas – is a Spanish classic for good reason. Are you an onion denier or an allium aficionado when it comes to your Spanish omelettes? Do you serve them warm or cold and what are your favourite extra ingredients? Our Spanish omelette is definitely more practical and less time-consuming than the one mentioned Keep your zen: The classic Spanish omelette is made from very few, very simple ingredients, but it.
‘Spanish’ Omelette step by step
- Simmer potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes, until soft and drain well..
- Meanwhile heat the olive oil on low heat in large pan and add the onions, frying slowly until brown, say 10 minutes. Then add red peppers for 5 minutes..
- Break the eggs into a jug and beat, adding salt and pepper to taste..
- Add butter to onions and peppers, and then add the potatoes. Pour the eggs into the pan, add the cheese, and cook until base has slightly browned, about 10 minutes. Then place the pan under the grill for about 5 minutes until golden brown..
- Add parsley and serve..
Categories: European Recipes Spanish Omelet Recipes Egg Recipes Onion Recipes Potato Gluten Free. Get ready to master the Spanish Omelette, aka Tortilla, with this easy-to-follow recipe. Including detailed instructions and photos for each step of the process. Found this recipe on the internet. It had ingredients that I like and was stated to be a typical spanish omelette.